Thank you to all our fans for braving the elements at our scrimmage on Friday. It was a great start for the Rangers and we are looking to build upon it this week.
This week we face off against the Heritage Coyotes on Saturday August 27th 12:30pm at the Ford Center. This game will also be televised nationally on ESPNU. Come out and support your Rangers as we look to open the season 1-0!
REPORT TIMES (JV No am meetings)
- Varsity – Monday No AM meetings – 1st Day of school!
- Varsity – Tuesday 7:15AM for lift, Position meetings to follow
- Varsity- Wednesday/Thursday 7:50AM for position meetings
- Varsity- Friday No AM meetings
- Varsity- Saturday 7:50am
- 9th Grade- Monday/Tuesday – 6:10AM
- 9th Grade- Wednesday 6:30AM
- 9th Grade- No morning practice Thursday/Friday
WEEK 1 GAME TIMES / LOCATION
- Varsity: Saturday August 27th 12:30PM @ Ford Center (We will be visitor)
JV: Thursday August 25th 5:30PM @ Lone Star Stadium
9th Grade Silver (B): Thursday August 25th 5:30PM @ Heritage HS
9th Grade Navy (A): Thursday August 25th 7PM @ Heritage HS
Please make sure your student/athlete is studying, preparing and staying on top of all their classes as we start the school year! We want to continue winning on and off the field! Make sure your student/athlete is communicating with their position coach. Treat every day you walk in to the classroom as a job interview!
RANK ONE PAPERWORK
Attached you will find Rank One instructions for paperwork that we require all athletes to have completed. This process MUST be complete before we start practice on August 8th.
- Friday August 19th Scrimmage at Mansfield Lake Ridge Times
- AUGUST 22TH- FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
- AUGUST 27TH- GAME #1 vs. Heritage (Ford Center)
- MONDAY SEPTEMBER 5th – NO SCHOOL MANDATORY MORNING PRACTICE
- FRIDAY OCTOBER 7TH- NO SCHOOL- GAME DAY
- MONDAY OCTOBER 10TH – NO SCHOOL MANDATORY MORNING PRACTICE
- NOVEMBER 23-25- THANKSGIVING WEEK- PLAYOFF TURKEY PRACTICE!
5 Life Skills that we learn in football that will affect their lives:
2. PHYSICAL CONDITIONING
3. RELATING TO PEERS
4. RELATING TO AUTHORITY
5. REACTING TO AND HANDLING EMOTION
Read the article on the "FIVE LIFE SKILLS"
Please continue to re-iterate these with your son! The more we grow in these 5 Life Skills the more successful our athletes will become on and off the field.
Thank you for your continued support of the program! Please check out the booster club website at www.lonestarfootballnation.com for updates.
Follow me on twitter: @CoachJRayburn
Athletic Coordinator / Head Football Coach